Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Twelve Nights Of Christmas... by james robert

On the first night of Christmas,
I was given a beautiful Christmas tree.
It was huge and sparkled with decorations,
and delivered directly to me.

On the second night of Christmas,
I was given many coins of gold.
They were pure and rare and beautiful.
What a splendid sight to behold.

On the third night of Christmas,
I was given piles of cash;
crisp one hundred dollar bills,
man oh man, I really had a stash.

On the fourth night of Christmas,
I was given a new seven series beemer.
Boy oh boy, this car could fly.
This was no Stanley Steamer.

On the fifth night of Christmas,
I was given diamonds galore.
I stayed awake until quite late,
hoping to get a few more.

On the sixth night of Christmas,
I removed the lower branches of the tree.
I hoped to make a bit more room,
for more and more gifts for me.

By the seventh night of Christmas,
as it was starting to get late,
I thought, this is all I'm getting,
after such a lengthy wait?

By the eighth night of Christmas,
I said, forget all this Christmas fluff.
Just gimme, gimme, gimme,
where's all my Christmas stuff?

By the ninth  night of Christmas,
I knew that things weren't right.
I had received so many great riches,
and yet something still made me uptight.

By the tenth night of Christmas,
I had lost all my Christmas glee.
Was there another meaning to this,
beside just me, me, me?

By the eleventh night of Christmas,
I prayed that I might truly see.
I knew that Christmas had to mean,
more than presents and a tree.

By the twelfth night of Christmas,
I had my selfish thoughts on the run.
Christmas wasn't about material gifts,
it was about the birth of the Father's Son.

On the twelfth night of Christmas,
at long last, I had gotten it right.
Christmas was about family, giving,
and the birth of Jesus that night!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful write! There's too much gimme, gimme, gimme in this world today! :)

    ReplyDelete