Friday, October 29, 2010

i wrote a poem...by james robert

i wrote you a love poem today
in words that were my own
if only you could have read it
to know my heart's your home

it spoke of love most pure;
love honest and strong
it spoke only the truth
and sang a loving song

it told of moments precious
as only a love can tell
i got lost in your eyes 
and into heaven fell 

it spoke only in words of love
words straight from my heart
it said, in words that lover's use,
that loving you is art

you would have loved
the honesty and the pain
that spoke only of my love
and sought naught else to gain

your heart would have smiled
and maybe you would have cried
when you read of love born anew
or of loneliness that died

i do wish that you had read
all the love i sent your way
i never waxed more lovingly
as i love you more each day

i wish that you had read
the poem i wrote today
but as i ran to deliver it 
a strong wind blew it away

'tho now my words of love to you
are to the ends of the earth scattered
each time the wind whispers your name
you'll know how much you mattered



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIziImQvMnk

6 comments:

  1. "each time the wind whispers your name...you'll know how much you mattered....
    Now I have stepped out of the eye of the storm and have been taken away. A TRUE love poem..penned by jamesrobert.
    From my scale:
    5 = Brilliant
    4 = Good
    3 = It'll work
    2 = Whacked
    1 = Absolutely not

    My review is # 5 on the poll! Brilliant......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Friend, your poem speaks of love, so beautiful...:)

    Thank you for the joyful poem,I adore.

    PS: Signed to follow your blog, Zuzanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful write, Jim!! Wow! A woman's dream poem! :)
    (Barbara/iluvtolaff)

    ReplyDelete